First-in-Class VS Me-Too Launch Differences and the Role of Content, Hyperpersonalization, and Technology with Frank Dolan, Founder and CEO of ARSENAL
October 26, 2022
First-in-class medications are often referred to as innovative treatment alternatives. But innovation might scare and push away some HCPs and patients. In this episode of Pharma Launch Secrets, Bozidar is joined by Frank Dolan, Founder, and CEO of ARSENAL
- How are first-in-class launches distinct from me-too launches?
- Why is it harder to access HCPs and launch products successfully?
- What are the opportunities for 1st-time launchers to have successful launches despite reduced access to HCPs?
- Will pharma encourage or discourage peer-to-peer scientific exchange online?
To answer these questions, Bozidar is joined by Frank Dolan, Founder, and CEO of ARSENAL
- [ 01:48 ] - When COVID happened, it broke the traditional commercial pharma launch model. The main reason is that customers' behaviors and preferences for consuming information have fundamentally changed. That is the challenge pharma faces, and no matter how experienced and educated marketers may be, they will have to adapt
- [ 03:28 ] - When launching a first-in-class product, there is no infrastructure set in place. So you have to lay the foundation for the brand to roll over. That means changing the landscape with new tools, helping providers think about treating things differently, and addressing the concerns of the payers and patients
- [ 15:31 ] - Salesforce or field presence size matters less today. So if you have a highly efficient field team with great digital competency, leveraging virtual interactions, they can appeal to many people. The market has changed, and getting the right message to the right customer at the right time brings a huge opportunity to be very intentional about the different channels to which you are communicating those messages
- [ 20:50 ] - The killer content that makes a difference in pharma should be customized. Personalization is the leading component toward best-in-class content. Then using this content in various formats, like video, is a huge opportunity. And the last piece here is that content should be delivered from a credible source
If you want to learn more about leading a successful pharma marketing campaign in the US, tune in to this episode of Pharma Launch Secrets, a Podcast by Evermed.
And connect with Frank here:
About The Show:
“Pharma Launch Secrets” is a podcast by Evermed and hosted by Bozidar Jovicevic, where we host direct, actionable conversations with world-leading pharma launch experts and help you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and strategies to help you launch your product successfully.
Previous guests include: Trevor Landry of Syneos Health, Indraneel Mukherjee of ZS Associates, Meg Heim of Heim Global Consulting, Scott Snyder of EVERSANA, Andrew Willmer of Symbiotix, Bharti Rai of CVS, Brendan Gallagher of Publicis Health and Matthew Goodman of LUCENT Biopharma.
Check out our three most downloaded episodes:
Pharma Launch Secrets is handcrafted by our friends over at: fame.so